Purpose: One-time deductions can be added to payroll using an upload file. These deductions do not affect the employee’s regular deductions stored on their employee profile for future payrolls. However, employee and employer amounts will be overwritten for the current payroll when the upload is applied. This help guide will show you how to upload one-time deductions before running payroll.
If you are using the BambooHR integration and have Autosync, you will not be able to upload one time deductions when running payroll.
Navigate to the Upload Deductions section of the Payroll Center in order to upload deductions that will be automatically pulled into your payroll run.
- Format Type: Files can be uploaded using Employee Number, Employee ID, or SSN as the unique identifier. All these identifiers can be found on the employee's TRAXPayroll Employee General tab.
- Import File: Choose the import file from your computer.
- Format: Click Upload Specifications if you need the template required for uploading deduction information (See example below.)
- Next: Click Next to upload your deductions.
If you are using the uploaded file to make mass adjustments, you will want the amount to be adjusted to include the current payroll deduction.
Validating Uploaded Deductions
After uploading your file, you will have two options to verify that all records successfully imported into TRAXPayroll.
- Edit Deduction Code
- Import Deduction List
In the Edit Deduction Code section, you can edit Deduction Codes to match your imported data. Simply click Edit, type in the deduction name used in your upload spreadsheet as the External Deduction Code, and then click Update to save your changes. This step helps TRAXPayroll match deductions on your upload sheet to deductions in TRAXPayroll. In some cases, the deduction name will be identical in both places, but you will still need to save the External Deduction Code.
Under the Imported Deduction List section, you'll be able to make edits to your uploaded data to make sure that all records are imported successfully.
- Status & Reason: In the table, you'll be able to check the status of each record. If a record failed to import, you'll be able to see the reason why.
- Edit & Delete: You can click Delete to eliminate unneeded records. You can click Edit to make changes to records as needed.
- Make Edits: You can make necessary edits to records to make sure that they will transfer into TRAXPayroll successfully.
- Update & Cancel: Once you have made your edits, click Update to save the changes or click Cancel to void the changes.
Save and Validate
Once you have made necessary changes to Deductions Codes and your Imported Deduction List so that your records will import successfully, click Save and Validate to save all changes and to check the status of all records.
After saving and validating your updates, be sure to check that all statuses are set to Successful. At that point, click Finish to finalize your import.
You will then see a confirmation screen that lets you know your import was successful.
Once the deductions import has been finalized, navigate back to the Upload Deductions section of the Payroll Center and change the Already Uploaded status to Confirmed. Here, you'll be able to see the deductions that are confirmed and will be pulled into your Payroll run.