Upload Additional Pay
Purpose: Employee wages such as bonuses, commissions, and expenses can be uploaded to the payroll center using a template file. This help guide will show you how to upload additional pay before running payroll.
Upload Extra Pay
Before uploading extra pay, make sure wage types have been added to your account. Navigate to the Upload Extra Pay tab in the Payroll Center.
- Format Type: Files can be uploaded using Employee Number, Employee ID, or SSN as the unique identifier. All these identifiers can be found on the employee's TRAXPayroll Employee General tab.
- Import File: Click Choose File and select the file you’d like to upload.
- Format: Click Upload Specifications if you need the template required for uploading deduction information (See example below.)
- Next: Once you have chosen your Format Type and Import File, click Next to upload your additional pay.
Validating Uploaded Additional Pay
After uploading your file, you will have three options to verify that all records successfully import into TRAXPayroll.
In the Edit Pay Type section, you can choose to edit the Pay Type Codes (found on your upload spreadsheet) to match your imported data if needed. Simply click Edit, type in the new name under Pay Type Code, and then choose to Update the record.
Pay Types are found in TRAXPayroll while Pay Type Codes are found on your spreadsheet. In many cases, these will be identical. However, there are times when admins use a different name on their import which mandates this important step. For example, in TRAXPayroll it may be called Cell Phone Reimbursement while the spreadsheet simply calls it Cell Phone or CP.
Under the Imported Pay Additional List section, you'll be able to make edits to your uploaded data to make sure that all records import successfully.
- Status & Reason: In the table, you'll be able to check the status of each record. If a record failed to import, you'll be able to see the reason why.
- Edit & Delete: You can click on Delete to eliminate unneeded records. You can click on Edit to make changes to records as needed.
- Make Edits: You can make necessary edits to records to make sure that they will transfer into TRAXPayroll successfully.
- Update & Cancel: Once you have made your edits, click Update to save the changes or click Cancel to void the changes.
Save & Validate
Once you have made necessary changes to Pay Types, Job Codes, and the Imported Pay Additional List so that your records will import successfully, click Save and Validate to save all changes and to check the new status of each record.
After saving and validating your updates, be sure to check that all statuses now show as Successful. Click Finish to finalize your import.
You'll then see a confirmation screen that lets you know your import was successful.
Once the additional pay import has been finalized, navigate back to the Upload Extra Pay tab in the Payroll Center and change the Already Uploaded status to Confirmed. Here, you'll be able to see the additional pay that's confirmed and ready to be pulled into your payroll run. The file will pull into payroll automatically as long as the Post Date used is within the Pay Period indicated. You can confirm the filing is pulling in by clicking Preview Additional Pay/Expense at the bottom of Step 2 or by clicking the Additional Pay/Expense report in Step 3.