Approve Additional Pay
Purpose: Additional pay, such as expense reimbursements, can be entered before running payroll so that it's automatically pulled into the payroll run. This help guide will show you how to add and approve extra pay.
If you do not see Expense Management in your TRAXPayroll account, please reach out to our Payroll Support team so they can turn this feature on for you.
Administrators can add additional pay for individual employees by navigating to the Approve Extra Pay tab under the Payroll Center. Click "Add Additional Pay/Expense" to add a new item, or click "Edit" next to an existing item to make changes.
Click here to learn how employees can add additional pay or expense reimbursements to be approved.
After choosing to add or edit additional pay or expenses, you'll be directed to a new screen where you'll be able to add details about the extra pay.
- Employee name: Select the employee from the drop-down list. Check the "Show Termination" box if you want to include terminated employees in the list.
- Post Date: This date must fall within the payroll period start and end dates otherwise it won't be included in the payroll run.
- Job Name: This can be added for tracking additional pay for specific jobs, but it is optional.
- Pay Type: Select the Pay Type from the drop-down list. If you need to add additional pay types, contact our support team.
- Amount: Enter the extra pay amount.
- Reference Code: This code can be added to categorize extra pay information, but it is optional.
- Note: The optional note field is for any notes about the extra pay that you would like to include.
- File to Upload: PDF documents can be uploaded to confirm the charges, such as expense receipts.
Check the box next to the extra pay records that need to be approved. Then click "Approve Selected." If a record needs to be changed or removed, use the Edit or Delete link next to the record.
Once the extra pay has been approved, it will be pulled into the payroll run. If you do not want to include the extra pay in your payroll run, you will want to wait to approve the extra pay until you'd like to include it in payroll.
- Search Section: Click on the Search Section to filter the list of extra pay records.
- Approved & Ready for Payroll Processing: Select this option to see all extra pay records that have been approved and are ready to process. Click “Search.”
- List of Approved Extra Pay: Review the list of extra pay records to verify they should be processed during this payroll run. Keep in mind that only extra pay records with a post date during this pay period will be included in the payroll run.
- Unapprove Selected: Check the box next to any extra pay records that should be unapproved and then click “Unapprove Selected.”
Did you know you can also preview additional pay while running Payroll? You will find this in the bottom left corner of Step 2 in the Payroll center.