Assign Check Numbers
Purpose: Paper checks can be printed on company check stock, and check numbers can be assigned to paper checks for accounting purposes. This help guide will show you how to assign check numbers.
TRAXPayroll does not offer check printing services. However, we do work with a company that can provide that for you. Click here to learn more.
To assign a check number, navigate to the "Pay Cycle" tab under Reports and select Paper Check. Then click Assign Check Number.
- Starting Check Number: Enter the number you'd like to start numbering checks by.
- Assign: Click here to renumber the remaining checks.
- Check Number: Check numbers will be assigned sequentially starting with the number you entered as the starting check number.
- Edit: Click "Edit" to change an individual check number. Checking the "Cashable Immediately" box will allow the print date to print on the check instead of a future pay date. This is useful for situations such as terminations where the check needs to be cashed immediately. Be sure to click "Update" to finalize your changes. Clicking "Cancel" will discard any changes made.
- Close: Once all individual changes have been made, click "Close" to navigate back to the Pay Cycle tab.
Paper Checks Report
To review that the correct check numbers are listed for each employee, check out the Paper Checks report.