Time Sheet Work Schedule
Purpose: In order for an employee to be able to add hours to their time card, they must be assigned to a work schedule. This help guide will show you how to set up your work schedules in TRAXPayroll.
To set up a new work schedule, navigate to "Work Schedule" under the "Time Sheet" tab. You can edit a current work schedule by clicking "Edit" next to the current schedule or you can click "Add Work Schedule" to create a new one.
- Schedule Name: Enter a name for the work schedule to help you easily see what it has been created for.
- Description: This is optional to add additional information about the work schedule.
- First Day of Week: Select the day of the week that this work schedule starts on.
- Multi-Day Shift: Check this box if shifts in this work schedule can span across days.
- Period: Are overtime rules calculated weekly or bi-weekly?
- Hours Before Overtime Begins: Uncheck the box if you want to set the number of hours worked before overtime begins.
- Hours Before Other Begins: Uncheck the box if you want to set the number of hours worked before other time begins. "Other" time is typically used for double time for situations such as working on a holiday. If you need to update the rate for "Other" time, this can be done under "Wage" on the employee's profile.
- Shift Label: Enter what you would like the additional shift to be labeled as on the time card.
- ClockIn Label: Enter what you would like the "ClockIn" label to be on the time card.
- ClockOut Label: Enter what you would like the "ClockOut" label to be on the time card.
- Clock in Missed After: Uncheck this box if you want to set a number of minutes the employee has before the clock in option is no longer available.
- Clock Out Missed After: Uncheck this box if you want to set a number of minutes the employee has before the clock out option is no longer available.
- Rounding Rule* Clock In: Enable or disable the rounding rule for clocking in.
- Rounding Rule* Clock Out: Enable or disable the rounding rule for clocking out.
In some industries, it is common for employers to record the starting and stopping times of employees to the nearest five minutes, one-tenth, or one-quarter of an hour. This is referred to in TRAXPayroll as the "Rounding Rule."
- 1/4 Hour Rounding: This applies to every 15-minute increment on the clock -0, 15, 30, and 45. Employees clocking in/out 1-7 minutes before the quarter hour, or 1-7 minutes after the quarter hour would have the entry rounded to the top of the quarter hour. For example, if an employee clocked in at 2:54 PM the system would round the entry up to 3:00 PM. Conversely, if the employee clocked in at 3:06 PM the system would round the entry back to 3:00 PM.
- 1/10 Hour Rounding: This applies to every 10-minute increment on the clock. Employees clocking in/out 1-3 minutes before the 10-minute interval, or 1-3 minutes after the 10-minute interval would have the entry rounded to the top of the 10-minute interval. For example, if an employee clocked in at 2:58 PM the system would round the entry up to 3:00 PM. Conversely, if the employee clocked in at 3:02 PM the system would round the entry back to 3:00 PM.
- 5 Minute Rounding Rule: Punches up to 5 minutes before and after the hour and half hour will round back or forward to the hour and half hour based on the times entered in the work schedule shifts. For example, if the work schedule shift is set up to clock in at 8:00 AM and the employee clocks in between 7:55 AM and 8:05 AM the punch will be rounded to 8:00 AM.
|1/4 Hour Rounding
||1/10 Hour Rounding|
|Punch (Minutes)||Round||Punch (Minutes)||Round|
- Lock Job: Check this box if you do not want the employee to be able to edit the job the hours are associated with.
- Show Job: Check this box if you want to show the job with the time entry.
- Show Job Category: Check this box if you want to show the job category on the time entry.
- Show Sub Job Category: Check this box if you want to show the sub job category on the time entry.
- Rounding Rule: If desired, select which rounding rule you'd like to apply to this work schedule. Otherwise, select "Disabled." (Additional information available in Step 3 above)
- Time Interval: Select the time intervals available for manual entry. "Free Form" allows the employee to round to the exact minute.
- Show Pay Cycle: Check this box if you want to show the employee's pay cycle when manually entering hours worked.
- Time Card View: Select the segment of time you'd like to show hours worked for: free form, weekly, or monthly.
Once you've entered all of the information required for the work schedule, be sure to click "Save" at the top of the page. You are now ready to assign the work schedule to your employees.