New Client Login
Purpose: This help guide will walk you through the New Client Login information when you first create your TRAX account.
Before signing up for your TRAXPayroll account, you will want to make sure you have the following information readily available:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) from the IRS: Required for registering the exact legal name and ID Number in order to pay taxes on your behalf. View examples of acceptable proof: 940, 941, W9 or SS4 application.
- State and Local Income Tax ID Numbers: Required for making appropriate tax payments.
- State Unemployment Insurance(SUI) ID Number and Rate: Required from each state where a business operates for making appropriate tax payments. (i.e., Tax Rate Change Notice, recent State Return, letter from the state.)
- Company Payroll Banking Information: Required for payroll services, must include bank name, account number and routing number.
- Payroll Pay Schedule
- Access Code: Your sales rep will provide this for you.
The New Client Login page will ask you to fill out basic information for logging in to your account.
- Access Code: Provided by your sales rep.
- First and Last Name
- Username (must be unique)
- Secret Question 1 & 2 (required in case you forget your login information)
- Payroll Administrators: We recommend keeping the default selection of "No" here. If you need to add additional payroll administrators, you can do so later once your TRAX account has been created.
Click "Next" to continue through set up.
Once you've entered your login details, you will receive a welcome email from TRAXPayroll with your Company Code and User Name.
This information will not be needed as you continue through the sign-up process unless you stop in the middle of the process and need to log back in later to finish.
This page includes your basic company information:
- Company Legal Name: This must match the name your company has on file with the IRS. If this is not entered correctly, the filing of your company's taxes may be delayed. This name will be used on paychecks and any other official documentation.
- DBA (Does Business As) Name: This will be the name displayed in your TRAXPayroll account.
- Company Address: This should be the primary place of business for your company.
- Contact Information: This should be the contact information for the primary contact of your TRAXPayroll account -- most likely you as the payroll administrator. All fields in this section are required in order to progress to the next step. If you do not have a fax number, simply enter 10 zeros.
- Allow Employee Email: This will allow the system to send email notifications to employees, such as the welcome email or a pay-date notification letting employees know when their pay stub is available to view. If you select "No," the email notifications will not be sent.
- Require Secret Question: This determines whether or not a secret question is required for a payroll admin to log in to TRAXPayroll. If this option is set to "Yes," admins will be required to answer a secret question before logging in. If it is set to "No," they will be able to log in using other their username and password.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): This is the nine-digit number provided by the IRS. If you have multiple EINs, you will need to create a separate TRAX account for each EIN. You can use the same access code that you received from your payroll sales rep to go through this setup process and create a unique TRAX account for each EIN.
- NAICS and Industry Code: You can leave these fields as is. These fields are not required to create your TRAX account, and the list of industry options is incomplete.
Click "Next" to continue through set up.
Leave all options set to the default value of "No." Branch, Division, Department, and Class information will be pulled from your BambooHR account when the sync between BambooHR and TRAXPayroll is enabled, so you do not need to do anything at this point. Branch will pull from Location in BambooHR, and Class refers to the Employment Status in BambooHR. Simply click "Next" to move to the next step.
- Pay Period: This is the frequency with which you pay your employees who are part of this pay group -- weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly.
- Description: Enter a description indicating which employees should be part of this pay group. This description will be the title of the pay group in TRAXPayroll, so it should be brief but clear.
- Start Date: Set this to today's date. This date will not affect your payroll run or pay cycles.
- Email Reminder Days: Select how many days before each payroll is due you, as the payroll administrator, will receive an email reminding you to complete and submit your payroll.
All other fields on this page should be left to the default values. Once you've entered the information detailed above, click "Next."
If you have multiple pay groups, you will have the option to create additional pay groups once you have finished creating the first group.
Once you've entered your pay group information, the Pay Cycles page will ask a few questions to configure the pay cycle for each pay group. The fields on this page will vary depending on the pay frequency you have selected for the pay group.
Weekly and Bi-weekly
- For weekly and bi-weekly pay frequencies, the “First check date you are requesting” refers to the actual pay date. The “First check covers through” is the date the pay period ends. You need to make sure that the first check date matches the first pay date you discussed with your sales rep.
- For a semi-monthly pay frequency, you will need to select the day of the month when each pay period ends. If the second pay period ends on the last day of the month, select “28” from the drop-down menu and check the box next to “Is last day of month” below. You also need to select how many days after the first pay period ends your employees get paid. Keep in mind that this is the number of days after the pay period ends that your employees get paid, not the day of the month. So if my pay period ends on the fifteenth and my employees get paid five days later on the twentieth, I would select five. The date on which your first pay period with us ends should be the same date that you discussed with your sales rep.
- For a monthly pay frequency, you will select the day of the month on which your pay period ends. If the pay period ends on the last day of the month, select “28” from the drop-down menu and check the box next to “Is last day of month” below. Select the number of days after the period ends that your employees will be paid. Keep in mind that this is the number of days after the pay period ends that employees are paid, not the day of the month. So if my pay period ends on the fifteenth and my employees get paid five days later on the twentieth, I would select five. The date on which your first pay period with us ends should be the same date that you discussed with your sales rep.
Whichever cycle you set up, once you have entered the information in all applicable fields, click "Generate" to move to the next step.
Once you have completed setting up your first pay group, you will be brought to the Pay Groups management page. If you have more than one pay group, click "Add Paygroup" to go through the pay-group setup process for each additional pay group.
Use the "Print Preview" button to double-check your pay dates and ensure that the dates have been entered correctly. The dates of your first pay period and your first pay date with TRAX will be at the bottom of the preview document. These dates should align with the first pay date discussed with your sales rep. If the dates are not correct, click "Action" and "Void" to remove the pay group and create a new one with the correct dates.
After all of your pay groups have been created and you have verified that the dates are correct, click "Next."
Select "Yes" and click "Next" to enter your company bank account information for payroll processing.
Enter the following information for your Company Bank Account:
- Account Type: Indicate whether you will be using a Checking or Savings account.
- Routing Number: Enter the 9-digit bank routing number.*
- Account Number: Enter the company account number.*
- Confirm Account Number: Enter the company account number a second time.
You will verify the bank account information entered here as part of the legal documents you will fill out before beginning payroll implementation.
If you have multiple bank accounts that are used for payroll processing, enter the information for the primary account. You will need to contact our Customer Service team to add additional bank accounts. Once the information for the primary account has been entered, click "Next."
* This information can be found on a company check or savings account deposit slip.
Please note this information must be verified by TRAXPayroll before you will be able to process your first payroll.
Be sure to write down your company code. You will use this code, together with your username and password you created in the first step, to log in to your TRAXPayroll account until the single sign-on through your BambooHR account is configured during payroll implementation. The company code is also included in the email you received after completing the first step of this setup process.
Click "Complete Enrollment."
The confirmation page contains links to several documents that are required before you will be able to run payroll through TRAX. However, these documents and the instructions for completing them will be sent to you via email, so they do not need to be completed through this page. Simply click "Start Using System," and the setup of your TRAX account will be complete.
With the setup of your TRAX account complete, you will receive two emails in the next few days. The first will simply confirm that your setup is complete. The second will contain instructions for signing and uploading all of the necessary legal documents to begin running payroll through TRAX.
Your payroll project manager will be in contact 20 business days before your first payroll run date to begin the implementation process. Please ensure you have all of the legal documentation completed by that time. If you have questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team by emailing email@example.com.