Purpose: This guide will detail the expectations of the TRAXPayroll implementation process and answer frequently asked questions about the implementation process.
Welcome to TRAXPayroll!
We’re excited you're here with us, thank you for trusting us with your Payroll needs. We’re committed to getting you up and running as soon as possible!
What You Should Know Before Starting Implementation
We require at least 15 business days to get you implemented in the system before you can run and approve your first payroll out of TRAX. The 15 business days will begin after you have completed the initial steps and have returned all signed client agreement documents which include the following:
- Proof of Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) from the IRS: Required for registering exact legal name and ID Number in order to pay taxes on your behalf. View examples of acceptable proof: 940, 941, W9 or SS4 application.
- State and Local Income Tax ID Numbers: Required for making appropriate tax payments.
- Proof of State Unemployment Insurance(SUI) ID Number and Rate: Required from each state where business operates for making appropriate tax payments. (i.e., Tax Rate Change Notice, recent State Return, letter from the state.
- Company Payroll Banking Information: Required for payroll services, must include bank name, account number and routing number.
- Benefit Tracking Information (optional)
- Dept/Branch/Class/Division tracking Information (optional)
- Regular Payroll Schedule
- Copy of voided check from your company account
The customer (you) starts the signup process and can sign up at any time, as we do not charge you anything until you run and approve your first payroll. All payrolls are due 2 business days before pay date, so please give yourself adequate time and planning to prioritize those dates.
How to Complete TRAXPayroll Implementation as a Standalone System
- Complete Your Welcome Documents: Once the TRAXPayroll account has been set up, print out the forms at the end of the setup, complete, and send to email@example.com. That starts the implementation process and an implementation team member will start working on finalizing the new TRAXPayroll account and contact you if needed.
- Data File: The implementation team will then send you a blank data file, which you will complete containing your employee information, which will be uploaded into TRAXPayroll. Those items can include direct deposit, deductions, demographics, and W4 information.
- YTD Wages: Once the employee setup is complete, we will need your YTD wage reports from your previous payroll provider for all employees including terminated employees. We need summed wages, employee taxes, employer taxes and deductions.
- Training: Once the implementation is complete, a TRAXPayroll team member will set up a time to review and walk you through processing your first payroll.
TRAXPayroll Implementation with Integrated Partners
TRAXPayroll Implementations can be different depending on which integrated partner you’re using. Refer to the correct implementation page below: