Purpose: A variety of user roles are available in order to limit the areas of TRAXPayroll available to each user. The Company Users tab is where you can manage user access as well as add new payroll administrators. This help guide will show you how to add new users.
- Enter the user’s information. Once you’ve enabled the user, you can send them a reset password link if you'd like them to create their own password.
- Payroll Reminder: Check this box to send administrators a payroll reminder at the end of the pay cycle, two days prior to the payroll due date.
- Time Off Reminder: After the pay period ends, this email will be sent daily if time off hours have not been approved. This can be sent to the admin as well as the manager.
- Bank Change Reminder: Check this box if the user should receive email reminders when bank accounts are changed in TRAXPayroll.
- Tax Account Reminder: Check this box if the user should receive email notifications of state tax accounts numbers that are missing in TRAXPayroll.
- Help Ticket: Check this box if the admin should be CC'ed on help tickets generated by their employees regarding TRAXPayroll questions.
- Payroll Approved Email: Check this box if the user should receive email notifications when payroll has been approved. Note: The admin user who approves payroll will receive an email even if this is unchecked.
- Add the user’s basic contact information.
- Role: Select the role for this user.
- Allow Login?: Change this to no if you need to turn access off for prior admins.
- Pay Group Security: This can allow access to all pay groups or users can be restricted to a specific pay group if needed.
- Disable Payroll Approval: Check this box if the user should not be allowed to approve payrolls.
- Remote Employee Mapper: This is used for third-party HR systems that link with TRAXPayroll. Simply select the admin user from the list. This will allow the user to log in to the HR vendor’s system and jump to TRAXPayroll using a link.
If you have a third party user who you work with that needs access to information in your account, you will need to grant them access on the Users tab.
You can set them up as a regular admin user (Payroll - Read Only) who will be able to access the entire website but not make any additions or updates. Or, you can give them access to the Reports tab only (Payroll - Reports Only) if that will provide them with the information they need.
If you are using BambooHR and you need the user to have access to both BambooHR and TRAXPayroll, you will need to make sure to link the user's access to both systems.
First, make sure you've enabled the user's access in BambooHR.
Once the user has access in BambooHR, you can navigate to Company > Users in TRAXPayroll and add the user there. You will want to make sure to select the correct employee user under the "Remote Employee Mapper" field (#5 in the screenshot above). This will allow the user to log in to TRAXPayroll from BambooHR by using the "TRAXPayroll" button on BambooHR Home.
Click the action button next to the user’s name to do the following:
- Edit: This will take you to the access set up where you can edit any of the user’s settings above.
- Reset Password: Send the user a link to reset their password. For security reasons, this link is only good for 20 minutes.
- Send Test Email: If the user isn't receiving regular email notifications, you can send them a test email to help figure out why they aren't receiving them. For example, the user may have accidentally filtered the emails to a spam folder.
|Enroll Only||TRAXBenefits Module Access Only|
|No Access||No access to the system|
|Payroll & Enroll||TRAXPayroll Module & TRAXBenefits Module Only|
|Payroll & RemoteLink||TRAXPayroll Module & Remote Link Tab Access|
|Payroll & RemoteLink & Enroll||TRAXPayroll Module & Remote Link Tab & TRAXBenefits Module Access
|Payroll & Time Sheet||TRAXPayroll Module & Time Sheet Tab Access
|Payroll & Time Sheet & Enroll||TRAXPayroll Module & Time Sheet Tab & TRAXBenefits Module Access
|Payroll & Time Sheet & RemoteLink
||TRAXPayroll Module & Time Sheet Tab & Remote Link Tab Access
|Payroll & Time Sheet & RemoteLink & Enroll
||TRAXPayroll Module & Time Sheet Tab & Remote Link Tab & TRAXBenefits Access
|Payroll - Read Only||TRAXPayroll Module with Payroll Center Read Only / No Edit Capabilities
|Payroll - Reports Only
||TRAXPayroll Module - Reports Tab Only Access
|Payroll - Upload Only||TRAXPayroll Module - Upload Only Access|
|Payroll Only||TRAXPayroll Module Access Only|
|Time Sheet Only||TRAXPayroll Time Sheet Tab Only Access|
User Roles will be available in your TRAXPayroll account depending on what features you are using. If you do not see a User Role listed above, it is most likely not applicable in your account.