Purpose: Company Division is used to designate areas where employees work. This help guide will show you how to add or edit Division information in your account.
Department is used to sort data on payroll reports or can be used for custom importing into your accounting system.
Click “Add Division” and select when you’d like the new Division to be effective.
- Division Code and Division Name - Shown on payroll reports run by division.
- Effective Date - Must be active as of the pay date for employees in the division to pull into payroll.
- End Date - Used to terminate a division.
- Add a note if needed.
General Ledger (optional)
- These can be added to assist with accounting. This information is listed on payroll reports and can be used for custom importing into your accounting system.
Be sure to save the new Division.
Existing Divisions can be updated or ended. Simply click the Action button next to the Division to make changes. The following options are available:
- End - as of today (Today’s date)
- End - on specific date
- Make change - to correct existing record
- This takes you to the division information page where you can make any updates and save your changes.
- Void - created by mistake but has history
- This enters an end date one day prior to the start date.
- Remove - created by mistake