Purpose: The Company Department is used to categorize employees into areas within the company. This help guide will show you how to add or edit Department information in your account.
Click “Add Department” and select when you’d like the new Department to be effective.
- Department Code and Department Name - Shown on payroll reports run by department.
- Effective Date - This is populated based on what you chose when you clicked to add the department.
- End Date - Used to terminate a department.
Contact Information (optional)
- Add contact information for the department, if needed.
- Add a note if needed.
General Ledger (optional)
- These can be added to assist with accounting. This information is listed on payroll reports and can be used for custom importing into your accounting system.
Be sure to save the new Department.
Existing Departments can be updated or ended. Simply click the Action button next to the Department to make changes. The following options are available:
- End - as of today (today’s date)
- End - on a specific date
- Make change - to correct existing record
- This takes you to the department information page where you can make any updates and save your changes.
- Void - created by mistake but has history
- This enters an end date one day prior to the start date.
- Remove - created by mistake