Purpose: The Company Class is used to categorize employees into groups such as full-time, part-time, intern, etc. to help determine an employee’s eligibility for the Affordable Care Act reporting. This help guide will show you how to add or edit Class information in your account.
Each Class is used to categorize employees into groups such as full-time, part-time, intern, etc. Additionally, Class will determine an employee’s eligibility for the Affordable Care Act reporting. This information is part of the employees’ demographic record along with Department, Division, and Branch.
Class is used to sort data on payroll reports or can be used for custom importing into your account system.
Click “Add Class” and select when you’d like the new Class to be effective.
- Class Code and Class Name - Used for Payroll reporting.
- Effective Date - Start date of the class.
- Termination Date - Used if ending the use of this class.
- Disable Benefits - Checking this box will gray out the Waiting Period section so it is not used.
- Waiting Period ID - This is used for benefit enrollment. It will determine the effective date of benefits and payroll deductions, as well as ACA eligibility.
- Waiting Period Unit
Affordable Care Act
- Position - Classifies employees for Affordable Care Act reporting.
- Add notes here, if needed.
- Entries can be associated to classes for accounting purposes.
Be sure to save the new Class.
Existing classes can be updated, removed, or ended. Simply click the Action button next to the class to make changes. The following options are available:
- End - as of today (Today’s date)
- End - on specific date
- Make change - to correct existing record
- Update the necessary information and click save your changes.
- Void - created by mistake but has history
- Remove - created by mistake